Every summer I look forward to a family vacation
The truth is, even when I’m on vacation, (shoving all-you-can-eat buffet food into my big mouth) I still want to get my heart rate up and sweat. That being said, I’m not paying 20 bucks to use the hotel spa to run on a treadmill for 45 minutes when I have stairwells at the end of every hallway calling my name!
Soooo… I did this on my trip (perfected with my friends Michele and Kelli on countless crazy college nights)!
- Go to the stairwell and head to the bottom floor
- Climb up the first set of stairs and then power walk or jog to the other end of the hallway to the other flight of stairs.
- Walk up one flight and exit, power walk or jog to the end of hall and go up that flight of stairs.
- Repeat till you make your way to the roof.
- When you get to the top, stretch for a minute, then start your way back down to the bottom and repeat.
- Do this for a half hour no matter how many floors there are. You can always take the elevator if you want to pass out!
- When you get to your room, go to the bathroom sink and do two sets of 10 pushups on your sink!
- Throw in some squats as you pick your kids clothes off the floor (Do two sets of 10).
- Remember to pace yourself and start slowly, working your way up to speed!
Note: While jogging or power walking, engage your tummy muscles and you will actually work your core!
Let me know how it works for you!